BBY/ABY is used to position items along the Star Wars Timeline. BBY refers to Before the Battle of Yavin. ABY refers to After the Battle of Yavin. The Battle of Yavin in Episode IV: A New Hope occured in 0 BBY/ABY.
The Youtini Expanded Universe Ranking system is a 1-5 scale that ranks EU book quality, difficulty, and importance. Books closer to Level 1 are easier to read and understand, more important, and of higher quality.
Soon to be seen in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, welcome to the casino city of Canto Bight. A place where exotic aliens, captivating creatures, and other would-be high rollers are willing to risk everything to make their fortunes. Set across one fateful evening, these four original novellas explore the deception and danger of the lavish casino city.
- An honest salesman meets a career criminal as a dream vacation turns into the worst nightmare imaginable in a story by Saladin Ahmed.
- Dreams and schemes collide when a deal over a priceless bottle of wine becomes a struggle for survival as told by Mira Grant.
- Old habits die hard when a servant is forced into the mad struggle for power among Canto Bight's elite in a tale by Rae Carson.
- A deadbeat gambler has one last chance to turn his luck around, all he has to do is survive one wild night as told by John Jackson Miller.
In Canto Bight, one is free to revel in excess, untouched from the problems of a galaxy once again descending into chaos and war. Dreams can become reality, but the stakes have never been higher–for there is a darkness obscured by all the glamour and luxury.
There are plenty of mercenaries, spies, and guns for hire in the galaxy. But probably none as dangerous and determined as Bazine Netal. A master of disguise - and lethal with a blade, a blaster, or bare handed - she learned from the best. Now it's her turn to be the teacher - even if schooling an eager but inexperienced recruit in the tricks of her trade is the last thing she wants to do. But it's the only way to score the ship she needs to pull off her latest job.
An anonymous client has hired Bazine to track down an ex-stormtrooper and recover the mysterious package he's safeguarding. Payment for the mission promises to be astronomical, but the obstacles facing Bazine will prove to be formidable. And though her eager new sidekick has cyber skills crucial to the mission, only Bazine's razor-sharp talents will mean the difference between success and failure - and life and death.
The worlds of Star Wars are full of countless alien species, each stranger and more fascinating than the last. Here you'll find six stories for kids about just some of the amazing aliens who appear in the smash-hit movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Featuring a dashing tale of piracy and double crosses, the story of a wise Jakku constable and an unfortunate droid, and a mystery that can be solved only by the gruff cook at Maz Kanata's castle, this collection will bring thrills and chills as it takes you deep into the corners of your favorite galaxy far, far away. . . .
- Constable Zuvio must get to the bottom of things when a faithful droid commits a bank robbery in "High Noon on Jakku."
- The Frigosian cryptosurgeons of Takodana give a criminal on the run just what she asks for in "The Face of Evil."
- The repugnant scrap trader Unkar Plutt may finally have met his match in the twisty tale "True Love."
- Bobbajo the Crittermonger spins a tale of bravery against impossible odds in the fable "All Creatures Great and Small."
- When his sous chef turns up dead, the cook at Maz Kanata's castle holds an unusual competition to find the culprit in "A Recipe for Death."
- And pirates, gangs, and bounty hunters alike race to find precious cargo in "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku."
Reeling from their disastrous defeat on Hoth, the
heroic freedom fighters of the REBEL ALLIANCE
have scattered throughout space, pursued by the
agents of the sinister GALACTIC EMPIRE.
One rebel task force protects PRINCESS LEIA,
bearing her in secrecy from star to star. As the last
survivor of Alderaan's House of Organa, Leia is a
symbol of freedom, hunted by the Empire she has
opposed for so long.
The struggle against Imperial tyranny has claimed
many rebel lives. As the Empire closes in, Leia
resolves to make a sacrifice of her own, lest the cause
of freedom be extinguished from the galaxy. . . .
The REBEL ALLIANCE has destroyed the Empire's dreaded
DEATH STAR, but the galaxy remains convulsed by civil war,
and the Imperial starfleet is hunting the rebels throughout the
LUKE SKYWALKER, the pilot who destroyed the Death Star,
is now hailed as a hero. But Luke seeks only to support the
freedom fighters, serving the Rebellion behind the controls of
his X-wing fighter.
Even as he flies alongside the pilots of Red Squadron, Luke
feels stirings in the mystical energy field known as the Force.
And this farm boy turned fighter pilot begins to suspect that his
destiny lies along a different path...
It is a period of civil war. The heroic freedom fighters of the REBEL ALLIANCE have won their most important victory thus far with the destruction of the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR.
But the Rebellion has no time to savor its victory. The evil Galactic Empire has recognized the threat the rebels pose, and is now searching the galaxy for any and all information that will lead to the final destruction of the freedom fighters.
For the MILLENNIUM FALCON's crew, who saved the life of Luke Skywalker during the Battle of Yavin, their involvement with the rebels is at an end. Now HAN SOLO and CHEWBACCA hope to take their reward and settle some old debts. . . .