he Mandalorian captured audiences for a variety of reasons. Some appreciated the callbacks to the original trilogy. Others clung tightly to the story from start to finish praying the mysterious bounty hunter would survive.
Also, Baby Yoda. Enough said.
We were all prepared to wait the four months that remained before the premiere of Season 2 for any official updates about the series. Until today.
StarWars.com has just announced six new books inspired by the beloved Disney+ show, with the promise of more books to come in the future. Similar to The High Republic program, titles will be released across publishers, including Del Rey, DK, Disney Publishing Worldwide, and eventually Marvel and IDW.
Confirmed books and authors so far include:
- The Art of The Mandalorian (Season One) by Phil Szostak; cover by Doug Chiang
- The Mandalorian: Original Novel (adult novel, Del Rey) by Adam Christopher
- The Mandalorian: The Ultimate Visual Guide (DK) by Pablo Hidalgo
- The Mandalorian: Allies & Enemies – Level Two Reader (DLP) by Brooke Vitale
- The Mandalorian: 8×8 Storybook (title to be revealed later) by Brooke Vitale
- The Mandalorian: Junior Novelization by Joe Schreiber
In addition to future comics, StarWars.com also confirmed plans for young readers:
Magazine, novelty, and coloring and activity titles are on the way from Titan, Studio Fun, Crayola, Thunder Bay Press, Disney Publishing Worldwide, and Dreamtivity. Younger bounty hunters can look forward to a Little Golden Book and a Screen Comix retelling of Season One.
No release dates or official covers are currently available, but we’ll let you know as soon as our pre-order links for each respective title are live.
It’s impossible to say if books were part of the plan when The Mandalorian first dropped at the launch of Disney+ in November 2019. But it’s just the news our Baby Yoda-deprived hearts needed.
This is the way.